Art Director / Magic Works / May 2018 – Present
- Created all art on a 6 week indie project with just one other programmer. This included look/story development, characters, environments, props, animation, shaders, vfx, UI, post processing, lighting, physics, and some lite C# scripting.
- Created UI and art for a decentralised gaming platform.
CG Generalist / Full Spectrum Reality / Nov 2017 – May 2018
- Created environments, characters, vfx, shaders, UI, animation, and lighting for a series of VR/AR demos.
- Optimized assets to work on Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
Lead Artist / GSN Games / June 2015 – Oct 2017
- Created in game and marketing assets for #1 solitaire app on iOS.
- Worked with PM’s and designers to setup A/B tests for data driven art/UI design in an Agile development process.
3D Art Lead / GREE / March 2014 – May 2015
- Collaborated with TechArt to define the art asset pipeline.
- Created a variety of art assets including models, shaders, fx, and animations.
- Oversaw a team of 3D artists and was an ingest manager of outsourced content.
CG Generalist (Freelance) / NimbleVR acquired by Oculus / Aug 2014 – Nov 2014
- Created 3D environments, shaders, particle effects and interactive objects used with proprietary VR hand tracking technology.
Art Director / Redacted Studios / Nov 2012 – March 2014
- Designed and modeled toys and products that communicate with mobile devices.
- Helped establish vertical integration of production processes, this included making sure assets looked consistent between the game and physical toys.
Art Director / GREE / March 2012 – Nov 2012
- In charge of Art Directing three simultaneous mobile games for MLB, NFL, and NBA.
- Defined the look and style and managed all 3 projects, under tight deadlines.
- Communicated with licensors to make sure art was consistent with the sports brand.
Art Director / Namco / January 2011 – March 2012
- Pitched and managed the artistic development of several new internal I.P’s spanning many different styles and genres.
- Worked closely with the game director to create visually rich presentations to help inform and communicate the direction of the game to NBGA and NBGI management; this included editing mood trailers (rip-o-matics), creating comics, story boards, animatics, concept images, style sheets, 3d animated visual mockups, and in game prototypes..
- Created style guides to define the look and ensure consistency with the rest of the art team and outsourcing groups.
- Managed schedules, JIRA tasking, and art related documentation and Confluence pages.
- Researched and evaluated several game engines (Unity, Vision, Infernal, Evolution, and Unreal)
- Worked with engineering and tech art to develop and test the art asset pipeline for new internal technology.
Lead Character Artist / Namco / June 2009 – Jan 2011
- Oversaw the character art department across two sister studios (Studio Kaizen, NBGA).
- Mentored new character artists.
- Co-managed with the T.A.D. the processes and procedures related to the character art pipeline.
- Created high-poly, low-poly, textures, and skinning for several characters.
- Prototyped and created all final art assets for the real-time regenerative damage system used on the main player character.
- Additional asset and creative support for visual effects, user interface, and marketing materials.
Lead Artist / Namco / March 2007 – June 2009
- Helped develop and drive the vision of a unique look for the game Afro Samurai, and worked closely with engineering and art to maintain that look throughout the development process.
- Communicated and established a working process with upper management and licensors on the visual development of the game. This ensured satisfaction and buy-in at an early stage, to help minimise late and costly changes.
- Provided direction and feedback to outsourcing groups and helped determine deliverables and timelines.
- Co-developed an underbody and parts system that ensured compatibility with our dynamic slicing technology and sped up the character creation process.
- Created texturing techniques and Photoshop action scripts to speed up texture creation while improving quality and consistency.
- Created several game and cinematic characters including the main player character.
- Mentored junior artists and interns.
- Created promotional images and videos for marketing.
- Worked with ex dev producers to help improve the visual quality of external games.
- Involved in milestone reviews, and created documents and mockups for feedback.
- Supported titles include Soul Calibur V, Enslaved, Inversion, Dead to Rights Retribution
Senior Artist / Z-Axis (Activision) / June 2005 – March 2007
- Created assets spanning the entire development pipeline from concept art to in game models.
- Authored unique UE3 materials to achieve special character transformation effects.
- Helped develop pipeline and procedure for a versatile high fidelity character customization system.
References available upon request